- 2 shallots, 1 onion
- 2 twigs of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 100g of Sirop de Liège
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 slices of fresh bread
- 600g pork/veal mince
- 10cl brown ale
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 500g Bintje potatoes
- 20cl crème fraîche
- 10cl chicken broth
- 100g butter
- Clean and carve the shallots.
- Mix the minced meat with the insides of the bread.
- Add shallots, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Roll meatballs and brown them in a frying pan.
- Brown the chopped onion in an oiled saucepan.
- Deglaze with the red wine vinegar, add the beer, 2 large tablespoons of Sirop de Liège and then add the raisins.
- Add the golden-brown meatballs to the sauce, stir in the bay leaves and let it cook gently in a covered saucepan for about 25 minutes.
- Serve with chips or potato mash and butter.