Curly endives with bacon strips
- 1 curly endive
- 250g smoked bacon strips
- 4 eggs
- 4 fresh small onions
- 4 sprigs of flat-leaved parsley
- 2 tablespoons Sirop de Liège
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons first cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 65°C with a water-filled plate. When the oven is heated up, put the eggs in the lukewarm water and let them boil for 65 minutes in a 65°C heated oven: you will get soft eggs boiled to perfection.
- Wash salad and only keep the finest leaves.
- Slice onions thinly.
- Strip parsley and chop it up with a big kitchen knife.
- Grill bacon strips in a pan and let them drip dry on fat-absorbing paper.
- Make dressing: in a bowl, whisk Sirop de Liège, vinegar, salt and pepper and add olive oil.
- Garnish plate with salad and sprinkle with a spoon of vinegar.
- Slice up one egg on each plate, and distribute bacon strips, onions and parsley.
- Finish off with dressing and serve with slices of roasted baguette .