Scampi on a bed of leek
- 12 scampi or large shrimps
- 2 leeks
- 1 chunk of fresh ginger (2 cm)
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Sirop de Liège
- Salt, Espelette pepper
- Wash and clean the scampi.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Peel the garlic clove and slice it thinly.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250°C (grill mode) and roast the scampi spread out on a greaseproof covered plate during 1 minute.
- Put away for later.
- Clean the leeks thoroughly and sauté them in olive oil until they brown.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and brown ginger and garlic.
- Add vinegar when they brown, then Worcestershire sauce, sugar, Sirop de Liège, crushed tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let everything cook for 2 minutes and serve with scampi sprinkled with Espelette pepper, sautéed leek and aromatic Thai or Basmati rice.