- 250g flour
- 125g butter + 20g
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 Boskoop or Golden Delicious apples
- 2 tablespoons Sirop de Liège
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Powdered sugar
- For your pie pastry: in a bowl, mix your flour, salt and cut up cold butter to a smooth dough.
- Wet with a few drops of cold water if the pastry is too dry, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry and line the buttered tart pan.
- Cover the pastry bottom with greaseproof paper filled with dry beans and bake for 15 min.
- Peel, core and slice the apples into quarters.
- Garnish the pre-baked pastry bottom with the apples and cover them in Sirop de Liège, watered down in two tablespoons. Then sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated 200°C oven for about 25 min.
- Let the tart cool down before serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.